Critical Race Theory (CRT) teaches students that race is the main determinant of success in America. It promotes the idea that people should be categorized and judged based on their group identity instead of their individual character, behavior, and merit.
- CRT seeks to:
- Deny American progress and undermine our foundational ideal that “all men are created equal.”
- Replace the capitalist belief in equality of opportunity with the socialist belief in equality of outcome.
- Sort Americans into two groups, based solely on their racial background: the oppressed and the oppressors, and the victims and the bullies.
- Demoralize American youth through the divisive, dangerous, and un-American idea that the United States is inherently and irredeemably racist.
- American students are falling behind the rest of the world in reading, writing, math, and science, but school systems are prioritizing leftwing political agendas over academic achievement.
- This week, the NEA, the nation’s largest teacher’s union, publicly admitted they are beginning a nationwide campaign to push K-12 CRT curriculum in thousands of school districts they represent.
- The NEA approved funding to attack those who oppose their radical CRT takeover.
- After receiving backlash, the NEA attempted a coverup and deleted these announcements from their website.
- AFT union boss Randi Weingarten, who campaigned for Joe Biden, encouraged members to break the law to teach CRT.
- After keeping kids out of school for months, it is clear Weingarten doesn’t have students’ best interests at heart
- Republicans are fighting back against CRT:
- Five states have passed legislation banning CRT in schools (TX, OK, TN, IA, ID).
- More than 15 states have introduced legislation to ban CRT in schools. Many of these bills ban the teaching that "one race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex," and that "an individual, by virtue of the individual's race or sex, is inherently privileged, racist, sexist or oppressive, whether consciously or subconsciously."
- Polling shows a majority of Americans reject CRT teachings.
- The far-left wing of the Democrat Party is pushing CRT for purely political purposes.
- Parents and students have stepped up at local school board meetings across the country to express their opposition to this damaging curriculum.
- This increase of political radicalism in public schools is yet another reminder of why we must empower parents and students with choice and opportunity to seek the best education, regardless of zip code.
“This policy shall ensure that social theories of any kind (i.e. Holocaust Denial Theory, 9/11 Theory, Critical Race Theory) are not presented to students unless approved by the Brunswick County Board of Education. It is the responsibility of the Board to ensure that curricular standards are taught using well documented, factual resources and not opinion or conjecture.” -Brunswick County Board of Education
EXAMPLE: LETTER TO THE EDITOR
"North Carolina spends almost 40% of the state budget on public education. It’s the job of public schools to teach students how to solve math problems, read literature, and ask scientific questions, and it’s the job of parents to teach their children how to treat others. A school is a place of learning, not political indoctrination, but unfortunately it seems like Democrats in North Carolina don’t see it this way. The Democrat majority on the North Carolina State Board of Education is using their political influence to shape our state’s civics curriculum to teach our youth that America, the land of opportunity, is not actually free for everyone. Critical Race Theory does not belong in the classroom, as it convinces young children they are inherently a bully or a victim because of the way they were born. Thankfully, North Carolina Republican leaders know how dangerous and divisive Critical Race Theory is. Senator Tillis just introduced legislation that would cut public funding for any K-12 school that teaches the 1619 Project, Republicans in the General Assembly are working on legislation to keep Critical Race Theory out of schools, and Lieutenant Governor Mark Robinson is joining forces with a nationwide initiative called 1776 Action to end Critical Race Theory. Young children deserve the opportunity to see their peers for who they are, not by the “category” Democrats give them."
- Americans Reject Critical Race Theory https://gop.com/americans-reject-critical-race-theory-rsr
- Brunswick school board passes policy to prevent ‘bias in teaching,’ ban critical race theory, https://portcitydaily.com/local-news/2021/06/10/brunswick-school-board-passes-policy-to-prevent-bias-in-teaching-ban-critical-race-theory/
- Critical Race Theory-themed training in Wake County Public Schools: Antibias Education
- GOP leaders denounce Durham Critical Race Theory resolution https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/06/gop-leaders-denounce-durham-critical-race-theory-resolution/
- Harvard poll: 80% see border disaster, want Trump closure restored, reject teaching critical race theory https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/harvard-poll-80-see-border-disaster-want-trump-closure-restored-reject-teaching-critical-race-theory
- Identity Crisis https://caro.news/identity-crisis/
- Is Critical Race Theory Taught in K-12 Schools? The NEA Says Yes, and That It Should Be. https://reason.com/2021/07/06/critical-race-theory-nea-taught-in-schools/
- Locke’s Terry Stoops explains how local N.C. school boards can oppose Critical Race Theory https://www.carolinajournal.com/video/lockes-terry-stoops-explains-how-local-n-c-school-boards-can-oppose-critical-race-theory/
- NCAE president vows to teach Critical Race Theory ‘even if illegal’ https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/07/ncae-president-vows-to-teach-critical-race-theory-even-if-illegal/
- NEA’s enforcing of critical race theory in schools does kids a grave injustice https://nypost.com/2021/07/06/neas-enforcing-of-critical-race-theory-in-schools-a-grave-injustice/
- Rep. Virginia Foxx: How to fight critical race theory, other dubious ideologies and end student indoctrination, https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/critical-race-theory-ideologies-student-indoctrination-rep-virginia-foxx
- Robinson, Senate leader Berger blast Charlotte schools’ link to Critical Race Theory, https://www.carolinajournal.com/news-article/robinson-senate-leader-berger-blast-charlotte-schools-link-to-critical-race-theory/
Please like, share, and amplify the NCGOP’s information on Critical Race Theory on your social media platforms!
North Carolina Republican Party